Thank you for visiting OttawaDepressionAlgorithm.ca. By using OttawaDepressionAlgorithm.ca (the “Website”), you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and the additional policies which are displayed here.
OttawaDepressionAlgorithm.ca is a website that has a depression algorithm tool to support primary care professionals in the care of their patients with depression.
By focusing only on mental health, we provide specialized information that complements the information provided by other, more general resources.
Access to OttawaDepressionAlgorithm.ca and its resources is free to all.
Third Party Websites and Links
OttawaDepressionAlgorithm.ca provides links to external websites. Our provision of links on the Website does not constitute endorsement, sponsorship, or recommendation of the information or services found on any of these third party websites. We make no guarantees as to the accuracy or quality of the information found on third party websites. Should you choose to rely on any information located on these third party websites, you do so at your own risk.
Changes to Terms and Conditions
OttawaDepressionAlgorithm.ca may from time to time make additions or alterations to these Terms and Conditions These changes will be displayed here, and will be effective once posted. We ask that you check these Terms and Conditions regularly.
Liability of OttawaDepressionAlgorithm.ca
OTTAWADEPRESSIONALGORITHM.CA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR OTHERWISE. YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, PERSONAL INJURY/WRONGFUL DEATH, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE OR THE CONTENTS, INFORMATION OR SERVICES AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE.
OttawaDepressionAlgorithm.ca makes no guarantee that the Website will be free of viruses, spyware, or other destructive material, and is not liable for any damage to any hardware or software device, or for any inconvenience or difficulty, caused by use of this website.
Your sole remedy against OttawaDepressionAlgorithm.ca for dissatisfaction with the Website or any content thereon is to stop using the Website.
These Terms and Conditions represent a complete agreement between you and OttawaDepressionAlgorithm.ca in respect of your use of this website and its content.
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held to be unenforceable for any reason, that provision shall be redrafted and this will not affect any other terms and conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Ontario. Any action arising from the use of the Website shall be brought in the jurisdiction of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Special Thanks to the Canadian Internet Policy and Public Interest Clinic (CIPPIC)
This document was adapted from the Web Policy prepared for eMentalHealth.ca by the Canadian Internet Policy and Public Internet Clinic (CIPPIC) at the University of Ottawa.
HON Code of Conduct
We are pleased to abide by the HON (Health On the Net Foundation) Code of Conduct, whose principles are summarized here:
1. Authoritative: The content developers of this site are affiliated with the University of Ottawa, Departments of Psychiatry and Family Medicine, which are government-funded, non-commercial entities.
Our team (alphabetically listed) includes the following:
Michael Cheng, Psychiatrist
Doug Green, Psychiatrist
Amat Khan, Psychiatrist
Mireille St-Jean, Family Physician
Information about mental health resources on this site are regularly reviewed by administrators who determine content to be published on the site based on a set of criteria listed here.
2. Complementarity: Information on this website should support, and not replace, the doctor-patient relationship.
4. Attribution: Where appropriate, information contained on this site will be supported by clear references to source data and, where possible, have specific HTML links to that data. The date when a clinical page was last modified will be clearly displayed (e.g. at the bottom of the page).
5. Justifiability: We do not make specific claims relating to benefits or performance.
6. Transparency: The designers of this Website seek to provide information in the clearest possible manner and we provide contact information for visitors that seek further information about our website. Visitors are able to contact us via our Contact Form.
7. Financial disclosure:
Our funding sources have included the following:
University of Ottawa, Brain and Mind Institute.
Lundbeck, under an unrestricted educational grant.
8. Advertising policy: We do not have advertising on our Website.