Handouts for Primary Care Providers to Educate Patients
- Depression: Information for Patients and Families (HTML | PDF)
- Behavioral Activation: Information to help patients become active (Getting Active Toolkit PDF version | HTML version)
- Assertiveness and Communication: Useful for patients who have problems with communicating their needs in relationships, such as those who use a passive, aggressive or hostile style (PDF version | HTML version)
- Insomnia and Sleep Problems (article from eMentalHealth.ca) (PDF version | HTML version)
- Physical Activity
- Useful for patients who need information about physical activity and mental health
- Canadian Physical Activity and Sedentary Behaviour Guidelines Handbook (Online flipbook | PDF download)
- Healthy Eating and Depression: Information from the Mental Health Foundation (UK) on how diet may help protect your mental health
- “Mind over mood” Dennis Greenberger and Christine Padesky. Guilford Press (1995)
- “Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy”, by Burns. (1999).
- “The Mindfulness & Acceptance Workbook for Depression” by Strosahl & Robinson (2008).
- Antidepressant Skills Workbook (ASW) from Simon Fraser University | http://www.comh.ca/antidepressant-skills/adult
- Well researched Australian website for depression | http://moodgym.anu.edu.au
- Has a free, interactive 16-session cognitive-behaviour therapy course; also has an anonymous online support group | http://www.depressioncenter.net
- Living Life to the Full CBT skills course | http://www.llttf.com
- CBT self-help materials on depression, anxiety, communication, coping, and a variety of other concerns | http://www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/resources/consumers.cfm
- GET.gg, Free printable handouts | http://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/freedownloads.htm
- Relaxation Audio File | http://www.comh.ca/pchc/resources/audio/index.cfm
- For men
- HeadsUpGuys is a depression resource that provides guys with information and practical tips to manage and prevent depression in men | http://headsupguys.ca
For Family Members:
- Depressionhurts.ca (includes information for families)
Looking for information in other languages such as Chinese, Arabic, Spanish, etc?